Nel    10

The genealogy related TV series "Who Do You Think You Are" is returning to NBC on February 4th. The first episode will follow Vanessa Williams and her journey to trace her family tree. I didn't catch all the episodes last season, but I saw most of them. It was quite interesting and worth a watch.

Nel    10

I missed the first part, but I caught the last 40 minutes of the Vanessa Williams episode of Who Do You Think You Are? She was researching her great, great grandfather, William A. Fields, who was one of the first African Americans elected to the Tennessee legislature. She was struck at how similar her great, great grandfather was to her own father and she shared that with the rest of her family at the end of the show.

Did any of you watch it? If you missed it, you can view the Vanessa Williams episode online.

Edited by Nel

Nel    10

I watched the Tim McGraw episode of Who Do You Think You Are? online last night. It was fascinating to see how quickly he was able to go back 8 generations in his family and the similarities he found between his ancestors and current family. It was also interesting to see how his ancestors' lives intersected with the lives of George Washington and the ancestors of Elvis Presley's ancestors.

If you missed it, you can catch the Tim McGraw episode online.

Nel    10

The WDYTYA episode with Kim Cattrall was the embodiment of why genealogy is so enjoyable and gratifying to me... solving mysteries. I've always enjoyed a good mystery and being able to solve it. I have plenty of mysteries in my family tree and it was fascinating to watch Kim solve her family mystery of what happened to her maternal grandfather. I wish it could have turned out differently, but I think in the end, she got from it what she wanted and needed.

If you missed the episode, it's available at Hulu.

Nel    10

I finally got a chance to catch up on the rest of the season at Hulu. I really enjoyed the Steve Buscemi episode, especially because he got to meet a living relative in a diner where his ancestors used to live. I hope next season they have some older celebrities, like people I grew up watching on tv.

It would even be cool to see some regular joes get to use those resources to research their family trees. I thought Ancestry.com recently ran a contest. I wonder if that was one of the prizes.